Tuesday 7 May 2013

'The Harrowed Man' - not necessarily just a Film Script any longer..?


My silence these last few weeks is partly due to having a week away, then returning to work to a backlog of tasks, nice! :-( ); also I've been mulling over a few things with the Film Script, mainly in terms of structure (I'm still a bit stumped over the final act).

But I've been having another significant thought regarding 'The Harrowed Man'; I might actually write it as a Novel instead of a Film.

This is basically down to my writing style as I've been drafting scenes for the Treatment - I find it easier to write in quite a descriptive way with a fair amount of details; I think that working backwards to slim the treatment to 3-4 sides of paper will be challenging.

At the moment it's an idea I'm considering, if nothing else - like I said I feel I've got to nail the structure and transition of each scene/act before I write anymore on the treatment, so by the time I get that done I may well have abandoned the Novel idea anyway!

On top of this, I've just had another Big Idea, and that has been vying with 'The Harrowed Man' for my creative attention - but I'll post some details about that at a later date...

No comments:

Post a Comment